Wednesday 9 November 2011

Merchandise!


For the futures project as well as doing some Episodes Ideas and creating characters we also need to do Merchandise Ideas! Now Ill be frank Im not really keen on the Idea of "Merchandise" sure Its a way for a Series to make Money but really Its just another form of selling out!.......But who cares what I want right! 
One form of Mechanising I like is "Robots" although nobody in my class cares about what I like (sorry Im not felling myself today) so I thought About doing the Monsterology gang as Robots (if that makes any sense!).
and here is the Original ink drawing which I thought I might throw in because Its like research or some Sh*t like that (Tom you cant say that on this blog! yeah I just did).
The Idea for "Metal monsters" came from not only my love of Robots but also this (look below!) This is the KISS Demon robot designed by "Funko toys" here is a Link to there Site http://www.funko.com/ Its a pretty fun site come to think of It go check it out
Another Inspiration for these robots comes from the original Generation-1 Transformers packaging (although thinking about It now the Tutors of animation dont really care about what your inspired by......or do they after all I dont know them That well I dont think Ill get the chance too either I intend to Graduate next year).
    

You see where Im getting at now!? Another bit of merchandise for the Futures project I thought up was a Breakfast cereal! now I don't know about you but Im Frickin all about cereal! http://blog.bullz-eye.com/2011/02/21/11-most-addictive-breakfast-cereals/
 
A WHAT UP HONEY LOOPS! During the 80s and 90s There were alot of Cereals with characters from films and TV programs slapped on the Box. Shit like the Star wars cereal "C3 P0's"
May the force be with you too you Golden Mutha f*cker! now Heres an advert for the E.T. Cereal hmmm.... 
Oh yeah and there was a Ghost busters cereal too! A WHATCHU GONNA CRUNCH!

There were even cereals with video game characters such as Pac-Man, Donkey Kong and the Unfortunately named "Nintendo entertainment cereal" Oh dear :/


So It would make sense that Id introduce My own cereal "Monsterology Choco-Pops" Chocolate coated Corn Puff cereal which is a part of this Nutritious breakfast which you wont have time to eat because you have to go to work or School! here's a development of the packaging.
I liked what I put on the Last on "Its all Organic!" If you say so! Im currently working on some Figures for the Series as well made out of Wire and Plasticine (Judd thought I said Vaseline hee hee hee yeah I should learn to Speak up more!) Ill put up some Images in a later blog.  


         

2 comments:

  1. You’ve definitely got some great merchandising ideas here! The cereal idea is particularly awesome. Don’t think of merchandise as “selling out!” Instead, think of merchandise as giving your readers a little part of the fun. It’s like including them in the world of “Monsterology.” It’ll make them want more of what you do, that’s for sure!

    Allan Holaday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thanks you Allan Im surprised people are still looking at this blog as I haven't updated It in months!

    ReplyDelete