Friday 2 September 2011

Much needed Research part 3

For one of my Three minute Film Ideas I decided to do something innocent and that Innocent thing is "Phil the Mouse"

For those of you out there who care! Ive based the Character design of Phil and his other Mousey friend on the prototype Sega mascot "Oswald the Un-lucky rabbit". The Basic plot of Phil the Mouse tells the Story of young Business Mouse "Phil" who lives in a House in the Country. On the way to work Phil meets love interest "Milly Mouse" who is riding her "Mauscycle" to work. Phil goes over to say Hi and to also pop the question to Milly "will you go out for lunch with me"  but before even Asking that question Phils hat gets blown off by a gust of wind. Worried Phil and Milly then go on an "Epic" quest to find Phils hat before heading to work. They eventually find the Hat with the help of a bumbling police mouse who sees the Hat on top of a Mad homeless mouse's head *Sniffs* yeah the Story needs work I know but the truth is Its not really my Idea!
I based this Idea on a battered old story book I have called "Squeek the mouse" written and Illustrated by Patience Powell. look bellow Ive scanned in a couple of Pages. 













          
The last page you see above with the Green crayon scribble yeah I did that :) well my younger self did. The internet has no really Knowledge of Squeek the mouse well is a comic called "Squeak the Mouse" written by some Mexican guy this Comic I have no Intention of reading at all!
 But other than Squeek the mouse Patience also wrote and Illustrated a few other books such as Hubert the Hare.





 I didn't even know that one existed! oh he also did another book "Peggy the Penguin".
ORANGE BOOK COVER! :O *pulls a shocked face!* thats made me think of something :D 
The Final book I could find by Patience Powell is "Timothy Tortoise" which I found images of it on Ebay.


     So yes would that count as Research I think it does (then again what do I know!) Comming up next what I got up to this week!. 

No comments:

Post a Comment