Monday 10 October 2011

Monsterous merchandise from my Childhood

Some of you may not no this but I was an Odd child looking back at old photos I often think that kind of looked like an evil foetus! (that is how you spell foetus right?!)

Anyways thats not the point Im trying to get across here. Asides from looking like a evil foetus and liking trains I also liked to draw monsters which is nothing new Im always drawing monsters! and whilst thinking about Merchandise for my Futures project I remembered about these guys!
And just who are these "guys" your all asking inside my head well From what I remember these were some monster Pencil toppers came free with every box of Sugar puff cereals and were released back in the 90s Heres one of the monsters attached to a HB pencil. 
  
Yeah Nice Unfortunately there is no mere mention of these guys on the Internet except on the Website "E-bid" where you can buy one if you want you don't have to I mean im not forcing you to do so I means Its your Money after all!. 
Ok Im now gonna talk about these guys individually first up is this Pink dude who I cant really put my finger on what he is supposed to be. The mouth says Vampire but the Rest of his body doesn't I mean come on since when where Vampires pink! I had 2 of these guys when I was little and I ended up giving the other to my Bro but then he got rid of it later on in his life. Thinking about it now this guy might be a Tiki......

Nah Maybe not! Whos next then Ah its the orange werewolf!
  As a Kid I grew up thinking that this guy was a Vampire with his Sharp fangs and crooked smile but Until later I found out that he was in fact a werewolf I think this guy might be my 2nd Fave.My first Fave of these Monsters has to be this Beast!......
Holy Crap! this came free with a box of Cereal. Now the reason this guys my favourite is because I dont what he is supposed to be even to this day. He might be a demon but he has a blue pulsating brain behind that red crest on his head so he could be an alien Im still not so sure. Next up is the Cobra-man!
Cobra man? sounds like a Name for a Turkish DJ. This guy used to be my Fave but Ive lost interest with him over time I think it might be the colours hes just all green and tiny bits of orange here and there kind of looks a bit bland to me. 
Next up is this uh this guy I think he could be a Lizard man. from what I remember my bro J had this one and kept it to him self until I bullied him to give it me ha ha nah not really. Ive kind of gone off this guy as well I think my bro can have him although Hes gone off monster now J is more of a Film Noir man.
Last but least is this handsome chap. obviously the Comedic monster this is Tree frog man! I call him that because of his large bulbous eyes and his blotchy lumps on the back of his head but then again what frog has claws! Out of all the monsters this has to be the most detailed one of the bunch.
So yeah thats the Monsters for you I thought they would be relevant for the Futures project you know for the Merchandising side actually thinking about it I might make some of these Pencil toppers with some of That plasticine Ive got laying about in my room! 





No comments:

Post a Comment